Time & Location
About the Event
Our church is sponsoring a Red Cross Blood Drive on Monday, July 20, from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm in Fellowship Hall. Naturally, things will be different from previous drives:
- Upon arrival every donor, staff member and volunteer will have their temp taken. Anyone over 99.5 will not be allowed to proceed further.
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks and gloves. Gloves are changed between each donor. Red Cross provide gloves and if donors don’t have their own face coverings the Red Cross will provide them with one.
- Hand sanitizer is available at each stage of the donors experience.
- All equipment is cleaned between donors.
- Social distancing is observed at every stage of the donation.
- Appointments are spread out to prevent over-crowding.
- Red Cross cleans all surfaces in the rooms used including door handles.
- ALL blood will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies (NOT a diagnostic test). Donors can expect to receive the results of their antibody test within 7 to 10 days of their donation through the Blood Donor App or donor portal at RedCrossBlood.org.
The need is greater than ever with the complications that the COVID-19 virus has introduced. As usual, there will be opportunities to give whole blood and Power Reds (where the red cells are extracted from your blood, and the balance returned to your body).
You can schedule your appointment on-line at RedCrossBlood.org using the sponsor code “FPCC”, or you may call Peter Haynes on (207) 232-3675. Call or email Peter if you have questions: (207) 232-3675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Streamline your donation experience and save up to 15 minutes by using RapidPass. Go to RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass and complete your pre-donation reading and health history questions on the day of your appointment.
Thanks in advance for considering a blood donation – it’s an easy way to help save lives at this very critical time.